CELEBRATE ARCHITECTURE 2020
Presented by Blackson Brick Co.
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Talk About It
Please join AIA Dallas on September 17, 2020 as CELEBRATE ARCHITECTURE presented by Blackson Brick Co. goes virtual to recognize our local, state, and national Honor Award recipients as our Dallas champions of architecture. While we cannot be together in person, we look forward to raising a glass to celebrate the architects, officials, organizations, and professionals from related industries that continue our city’s tradition of design excellence. We are pleased to make this year’s event free to guests and have planned an evening of surprises with guest presenters, congratulatory messages, and much more.
BE PART OF THE CELEBRATION:
Help us surprise and commend the 2019 Honor Award recipients and send us a brief message or short 10 second clip (without audio) of you celebrating their individual achievements. Your congratulatory messages will be integrated throughout the live event, and we encourage you to get creative. Your short clip or animation could be a virtual round of applause, your firm having a social-distance dance party, a firework show, or anything else to inspire celebration. When sending us your congratulatory message and/or video, please indicate the specific Honor Award recipient your message was crafted for or if your message is a general congratulations to all recipients. While some messages may not make it into the live event, all will be shared. We are looking forward to celebrating with you!
Please email us your congratulatory messages.
Thursday, September 17th
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 PM
Virtual Celebration Ticket - FREE
GUESTS OF HONOR:
Special remarks by Gail Thomas, Hon. AIA and 2019 AIA Dallas Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient Howard Parker, FAIA
Masters of Ceremonies: 2020 AIA Dallas President Maria Gomez, AIA and AIA Dallas Executive Director Zaida Basora, FAIA
And many special appearances by members of our architecture and development community!
AIA DALLAS COMMUNITY HONORS 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Howard C. Parker, FAIA
- Firm Award: Fitzpatrick Architects
- Honorary Membership: Marc Blackson
- Honorary Membership: Macey Davis
- Contractor Award: James R. Thompson, Inc.
- Consultant Award: Charles Davis Smith, FAIA
- Consultant Award: Marcela Abadi Rhoads, FAIA
- Community Honors Award: Monte Anderson
- Community Honors Award: Matthews Southwest
- Community Honors Award: McKinney Avenue Transit Authority
- Artist/ Craftsman Award: Casci Ornamental
- Artist/ Craftsman Award: Frances Bagley & Tom Orr
- Sustainability Commendation: Diane Cheatham
- Architecture Educator Award: Peter Goldstein, AIA
- 25–Year Award: Our Lady of Dallas Cistercian Abbey Chapel, Cunningham Architects, 1992
- 25–Year Award Residential: Taubman Residence, Oglesby Group Architects, 1977
- Historic Architecture Award: Elbert Williams Residence, David R. Williams Architect, 1932
TEXAS SOCIETY OF ARCHITECTS HONOR AWARDS 2019
- O’Neil Ford Medal for Design Achievement: Gary Cunningham, FAIA
- Architecture Firm Award: GFF
- Award for Community Service in Honor of James D. Pfluger FAIA: Betsy del Monte, FAIA
- Award for Excellence in the Promotion of Architecture through the Media in Honor of John G. Flowers Hon. AIA: Mark Lamster
- Mentorship Award: AIA Dallas Young Professionals
- Artisan Award: Sebastian Construction Group
- Citation of Honor: Friends of the Katy Trail
- Honorary Membership: Mary Brinegar, Hon. TxA
AIA NATIONAL HONORS & FELLOWS 2020
- Associates Award: Eduardo Castaneda, Assoc. AIA
- Fellows: Kirk Johnson, FAIA; Clifford M. Welch, FAIA; Mark A. Williams, FAIA
ABOUT CELEBRATE ARCHITECTURE:
AIA Dallas is the voice of architects in our community and we take great care in honoring the best work of our own and those that support us, our great clients and patrons. The name speaks for itself – this is a night to celebrate the art and craft of architecture and all that it brings to our city and our daily lives. Attendees include AIA members, architects, members of the design and construction industry, civic leaders, philanthropists, and all-around champions of Dallas.