Credit Carnival: Healthcare
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
202 South Broadway Avenue
Tyler, TX 75702
Healthcare Design covers a broad range of facilities, each with their own particular needs, including hospitals, clinics, outpatient care centers, and specialized care centers. Design of these facilities should focus on the common health and safety needs of patient groups and staff, while considering the efficiencies and technological needs of the particular type of care being offered. While health care facilities are governed by many regulations and technical requirements, it is also affected by many less defined needs and pressures. The entire health care system is under great pressure to reduce costs and, at the same time, to be more responsive to “customers”. An aesthetically pleasing facility is a key aspect of the perceived quality of care. A design that increases operational productivity or efficiency and reduces staffing needs can have a major impact on a labor-intensive industry.
COURSES AND PRESENTERS:
- Strategies for Mitigating and Controlling Indoor Air Quality in Healthcare Facilities, Tony Casagrande, PE, Campos Engineering
- FGI Major Reviions of the 2022 Guidelines, Tina Duncan, AIA, ACHA, CBO, HKS, Inc.
- The Neurobiology of Biophilia & Spatial Cognition, Rebeca Clemens, Sky Factory
- Accoustic Ceiling in the Health Care Segment, Al Almassian, CertainTeed Architectural, Saint Gobain
- Accessibility for Healthcare Facilities, Ron Davis, RAS, Ron Davis Consulting
- Compliant Signage: Building Codes, Accessibility and Wayfinding, Luis Aparicio, FSGS | Your Trusted Sign Partner
- Circadian-Lighting vs Color-Tuned-Lighting, Benjamin Rapkin, LIGHTGLASS