Small Firms Roundtable
Trails and Streetscapes
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
325 N Saint Paul, Suite 150
Dallas, TX 75201
Brought to you by: Small Firms Roundtable
Talk About It
Bud Melton will be sharing his experiences during the February Roundtable.
- fifth generation Texan – Fort Worth native
- owned/managed ‘Top 100’ University Cycle Schwinn bicycle dealership near SMU from 1971-1993
- self-study -- led development of 1985 City of Dallas Bike Plan, most of which was implemented by 1990
- spearhead funding and concept for development of the Katy Trail – served 10 years on the Katy Trail board
- with wife Annie Melton, AICP – launched Bowman-Melton Associates, Inc. bicycle and pedestrian planning firm in 1993
- managed or worked on scores of small and large-scale bikeway, trail and transit-oriented development projects with Halff since 1995
- consultant to NCTCOG and dozens of Texas cities on bicycle safety education/encouragement, bikeway plans, trails and TOD area plans
- assisted private developers with concept development, grant-writing, planning and design assistance through successful Sustainable Development funding partnerships
- joined Halff’s ESOP in 2016 – continue as an expert at finding innovative, creative solutions to complex planning and design problems
- appointed to UT Arlington’s Masters in Landscape Architecture Program Advisory Council in 2017
- member of Urban Land Institute’s North Texas TOD Product Council since 2017
- member of American Planning Association, and the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals
Come be inspired!
Please register by noon on Wednesday 2/6 to be included in the count for lunch. Otherwise, bring your own lunch and join us.