Talk About It
Architectural Photography on a Budget
Have great projects but not great photos?
Haven’t we all been there? As a design professional, samples of your project experience are frequently requested. Do you find yourself without photographs that artfully capture your work?
When four of AIA Dallas' networks (Latinos in Architecture, Small Firm Roundtable, Young Architects Forum and Women in Architecture) sent out their juried exhibition call for entries in 2013, we were challenged with the same situation again. Fortunately, two of Dallas architectural photographers, Charles Davis Smith, AIA, and Jeff Scoroggins, have graciously agreed to volunteer their time and expertise. They will answer our specific questions at an upcoming educational panel on Friday, February 14. The discussion topics include:
- Knowing the anatomy of a photo shoot
- The technical side of architectural photography
- How to do it yourself
Learn from the professionals :
- How to prepare your site for architectural photography
- Understand the technical aspects of architectural photo production
- Minimum standards and tips for do it yourself-ers
- Assess your specialties and objectives to create effective images
I am counting down the days for this long awaited discussion. Don't wait until the last minute – reigster here! With this being a joint event hosted by four networks, spots are filling up quickly.
Join us for lunch on Valentines Day at the DFCA and fall in love with your projects through the viewfinder.