Talk About It
- Bark+Build 2023 Awards
- ADA Pyramid Game
- Communities by Design Meeting
- SFRT North: Protecting the 1st Side of the Building
- Community Honors Committee Meeting
- Coffee & Conversation: Kalita Humphreys Theater Master Plan
- 2023 AIA Dallas Tour of Homes - Call for Entries
- Pride X Design: Conversations with AIA LGBTQIA+ Alliances
- The Emotional Impact of Safety: Balancing Technology and Psychology in Design Innovation
- The New Age of Security: Technology in a Post-Pandemic World
Girl Scouts Build on Big Ideas at Cookie Box Creations Contest
It’s that time of year again for Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas! Sunday, February 9th, 2014, Girl Scouts from all around the DFW area came together at Galleria Dallas to display what they have been cooking up with local architects, engineers and construction professionals. Your mouth probably just started watering thinking about those tasty Thin Mints and Samoas. But, we’re not talking about the cookies here - just the cookie boxes!
This year marks the 10th Annual Cookie Box Creations, where local Girl Scouts who want to learn more about architecture, engineering and construction, get to explore these career paths with local professionals in these fields who serve as mentors through the project. Teams usually consist of 6-10 girls who design and construct a freestanding structure from up to 1,000 empty cookie boxes, centered around the 2014 theme, “I can’t wait ... to see the world!”
Teams are evaluated by local celebrity judges in the following categories:
- Creativity in Design
- Difficulty of Engineering
- Use of Color
- Use of Cookie Boxes
- Alignment with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Adherence to Rules and Regulations
To see photos of this year’s structures, visit the GSNETX website: http://www.gsnetx.org/default.aspx?tabID=200
Online voting is open for the public to vote for the Cookie Box Creations 2014 People's Choice Award: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CGXX8PN
We invite you to enjoy the exhibit at Galleria Dallas on Level 1, near Sephora, which will be on display until Awards Ceremony on March 2nd, 2014. The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at 5:30 PM.
2014 participating teams included professional volunteers from:
Balfour Beatty Construction
Cross Timbers Architects
Good, Fulton & Farrell
HJ Russell and Company
2014 Cookie Box Creations is sponsored in part by HKS, Inc.
Thank you to all who participated this year and be on the lookout for a call for professional volunteers for next year’s even in early October. If you or your firm might be interested in participating in 2015, please email Gerri Gordon at email@example.com for more information.