Talk About It
Important: COVID-19 Update
In light of the state of emergency issued by Dallas County, AIA Dallas and the Architecture and Design Exchange are making adjustments to our scheduled events, meetings, and programs for the health and well-being of our volunteers, visitors, and the entire Dallas community.
UPDATE March 26
Virtual Town Halls
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, you are invited to a conversation to share stories and learn from each other about steps being taken to weather this storm. While none of us have all the answers, collectively we can share our concerns, responses, and ideas. We are in this together.
Please share with us any questions you would like discussed during any of the scheduled Town Halls, or how COVID-19 is affecting your firm and its business, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to attend, please register to receive a recording
UPDATE March 24
You are receiving an enormous amount of information about the COVID-19 crisis. We understand. So we took the initiative to help you sort through the noise. Here's a compilation of what we thought might be the most helpful to our members.
UPDATE March 13
Beginning Monday, March 16, AIA Dallas staff will be working remotely until May 5, and the Architecture and Design Exchange will be closed until May 4. As you know, this is a rapidly changing situation and we are closely monitoring the advice of our government officials. Currently, the events to be rescheduled, cancelled, or virtually conducted are the following:
- Celebrate Architecture, Thursday, September 17
- Credit Carnival: Residential Design, Thursday, May 19
- Women in Architecture Network’s You’ve Got Five Minutes: Express Yourself
- Coffee & Conversation: AT&T Discovery District, Wednesday, June 10
- Firmily Feud Thursday, June 25
- 24th Annual AIA Dallas Golf Tournament, Tuesday, June 9
- April Practice Management session
- Unbuilt Design Awards Gallery and Announcement Celebration
Virtual Meetings for March and April:
- All committee meetings
- Board meetings
- March Practice Management session
- ELP/ALP Sessions
- ARE Sessions
- March Chapter Meeting
- March and April AD EX tours
- ARE Lecture: Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Systems
- AD EX Art of Architecture – extended to Thursday, April 30
- AIA Dallas Student Design Awards – extended to Friday, April 10
We will follow up with all registrants with additional information.
We have created a Google drive for members as a resource to share pandemic response plans and best practices with each other.
Our first concern is that everyone remains healthy, safe, and does whatever they can to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. However, we are also deeply concerned about the economic impact of this pandemic. On behalf of AIA Dallas and the Architecture and Design Foundation, please share your concerns and suggestions with us about how we can best support you and your business at email@example.com.
What AIA Dallas most wants you to know in the midst of these unprecedented times is that our focus remains on you. Our staff team will remain available to assist you by email and phone.