Talk About It
- Designing for Wellness
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes James Leng of OFFICE JAMES LENG
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes Zeina Koreitem of MILLIØNS Architects
- Save A Sample! expands to deliver materials to local artisans year- round!
- Take Shelter! How We Design Storm Shelters Saves Lives
Why Attend the 2014 North Texas Sustainable Showcase?
AIA Dallas COTE, USGBC North Texas, and CSI Dallas Chapter will be hosting our annual one day event, North Texas Showcase, July 17 at the Dallas Arboretum. This year the event is dedicated to discussing the IMPACT of our building’s on Environmental and Human Health.
Why attend?...Because this event doesn’t disappoint. Here are some quotes and links to last year’s press:
- “Is the Texas green building movement defining the leading edge of healthy building practice?” “It [the conference] rivaled national events such as Greenbuild, and deep green conferences such Living Future unConference.” – Bill Walsh at Health Building Network (speaking again this year)
- “Attendees at N. Texas Sustainable Showcase got a peek at the future” – Dave Pennington Green Source DFW
- “Seeing the health considerations that my builder and I discussed in 2007 show up in new standards now is a welcome reminder that systemic change doesn’t happen by accident, but through the many independent actions we make as consumers every day.” Anna Clark at GreenBiz.com
2014 Speakers: Our line-up has speakers that can usually only be heard at big conferences, but you’ll have better access at this smaller venue. Including…
David Riz (Keynote) – Principal and award winning designer at KieranTimberlake
Bill Walsh (Opening Speaker) – Founder and Executive Director of the Healthy Building Network (HBN),
Annie Argento – Associate Principal at Gaia Development
Roderick Bates – KieranTimberlake – Tally Developer
Keith Lindermulder – Environmental Business Developer at Nucor
Gary Christensen – Developer at The Christensen Corporation
Russ Perry –Director of SmithGroup’s Washington DC office and Director of Sustainability and Founding board member of HPD Collaborative
Stacy Glass – VP for Built Environments at Cradle to Cradle Products
Tim Cole – Director of Environmental Initiatives for Forbo
Tom Lent – Policy Director of the Healthy Building Network