Talk About It
- Congratulations to the 2019 AIA Fellows
- YP Corner: Networking with the Networks
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes Molly Hunker of SPORTS
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes James Leng of OFFICE JAMES LENG
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes Zeina Koreitem of MILLIØNS Architects
You've Got Five Minutes, Lady!: Express Yourself
On Wednesday, February 27th, we had over 50 people in attendance at the Women in Architecture Network's newest installment of "You’ve Got 5 Minutes, Lady," celebrating and inspiring the women in architecture and design. Eight women were selected to present a unique project that they had personally worked on (built or unbuilt), and the audience, as well as the presenters themselves, were transformed by the evening. Some of those in attendance shared their thoughts about the event:
Sean Garman, AIA
Once again, the "You've Got 5 Minutes,***" platform program delivers a quality event. Last night's edition put on by WIA, spotlighted 8 wonderful presentations. It's great to see the diversity of project types and locations that our AIADallas community is working on and also, how they got there. We all have stories to share and this platform is a fun way to bring us closer and stronger - together. Cheers! and I look forward to the next installment.
Vince Tam, AIA
You got 5 minutes, Lady! was a great turnout. Big thanks to Leslie Nepveux, AIA, Annelie Persson Call, AIA, and Shirley Che for putting this amazing event together. Sharing our stories and design work creates a stronger bond among our fellow #womeninarchitecture. I have the honor to share my journey to becoming an urban designer in HKS, Inc. and how I learn to thrive in "space in between."
Thank you Ladies for a wonderful event yesterday. The speakers were all amazing! Everyone here at Thiel & Thiel thanks you for the opportunity to showcase a project that is very “near and dear” to us.
Kacy Corbett Oates
This was a great event, and it was nice to see it well attended! Thanks for putting it together.
Samantha Markham, AIA
The WiA You’ve Got 5 Minutes, Lady was an incredible showcase of amazing women and their exceptional stories. I personally enjoyed how each woman had truly taken their own unique path into architecture that really exhibited what they were passionate about. From architecture fairy tales (the Baker Hotel) to the journey from Ford to Landscape Architect – all 8 presenters were great testimonies to the impact and influence that women have on the field of architecture and design.
Our eight presenters and their topics included:
- Ashlie Bird, Assoc. AIA – Couture Condos
- Trish Hammond – The Baker Hotel
- Jodi House – 3 Eleven Bowie
- Özge Güleç İnal – Healthcare For The Homeless
- Alexandra Lowers – Hotel Del Coronado
- Ann Podeszwa – Ukiyo Console Table and Lola Bench
- Vince Tam, AIA – Canton Connection Urban Design Study
- Rachel Westmoreland, Assoc. AIA – Ursuline Academy
Don’t miss more inspiring conversations organized by the Women in Architecture Network. Be on the look-out for their annual EMPOWERING Conference coming this fall.