Architecture on Tap: The Missing Middle
Presented by AG&E Structural Engenuity
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
2222 Vantage St.
Dallas, TX 75207
Talk About It
- Congratulations to the 2019 AIA Fellows
- YP Corner: Networking with the Networks
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes Molly Hunker of SPORTS
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes James Leng of OFFICE JAMES LENG
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes Zeina Koreitem of MILLIØNS Architects
Duplexes, fourplexes, and small-scale courtyard apartments have seemingly disappeared from neighborhoods as families have moved to the suburbs in search of single-family housing following the end of World War II and the expansion of regional highways. Now that life in urban centers has gained popularity, trying to find affordable housing has become increasingly difficult for the shrinking middle class. “Missing Middle” projects aim to create vibrant, robust, and affordable neighborhoods that consider the diverse needs of different income levels, age groups, and family sizes in the reality of 21st century life. Join us for the final installment of this year’s Architecture on Tap series as we explore the opportunity for architects to create desirable and affordable housing while navigating the history that has influenced the city’s current housing policies.
- Diane Cheatham, Founder at Urban Edge Developers, Ltd.
- John Clarkson, Policy Task Force Member at Opportunity Dallas
- Thad Reeves, AIA, Co-Founder and Principal at A.Gruppo Architects
Robert Mundinger, Data Visualization at Commit!
Payment in advance: $10 AIA Dallas and AIA Northeast Texas Members/ $20 Non-Members
Payment at the door: $15 AIA Dallas and AIA Northeast Texas Members/ $25 Non-Members
Cost includes two drinks and appetizers
Student discount available, please contact email@example.com for code. Student ID required at check-in for verification.
Event graphic created by Khang Nguyen, Assoc. AIA