Getting to Zero: Market Realities
The Value Proposition for Net Zero Energy Buildings
1:00 PM - 5:30 PM
1909 Woodall Rodgers Fwy
Dallas, TX 75201
Brought to you by: Committee On The Environment
Talk About It
- Architecture on Tap I Affordable Housing in the Time of COVID
- AIA Dallas Built Design Awards Final Call for Submissions
- The Future of Public Spaces- How Do Cities Gather in Crisis?
- Empowering Conference
- 2020 Built Design Awards Announcement Celebration
Series: Getting to Zero is a comprehensive, cutting-edge four-part educational series that will lead participants to the next target of the 2030 Challenge - 70% reduction - and beyond. Participants will explore both the technical skills and cross-disciplinary approaches essential for the design, construction and operation of net zero energy buildings.
Session 1: As the first session in a four-part series, the session will introduce the Getting to Zero program, provide an overview of the state of net zero energy building design and explore how we define value for net zero energy buildings. Attendees will be able to:
- Define key terms for the design, construction and oerpations of net zero energy buildings
- Understand current data on net zero energy building design, technical highlights and limits
- Define key factors in making a business case for net zero energy, analyzing life cycle value and identifying measures for occupant productivity and satisfaction
- Identify current market limits of net zero energy project types, overall project financing and market value of on-site renewable energy
Session 2: Integrated Design and Process for Net Zero Energy Buildings, April 5, 2016
Session 3: Building and Operating Net Zero Energy Buildings, May 3, 2016
Session 4: Long-Term Operations for Net Zero Energy Buildings, June 7, 2016
Parking: See the map below.