School's In: Safety and Security
11:45 AM - 1:00 PM
325 N St Paul Street, Suite 150
Dallas, TX 75201
Brought to you by: Codes & Standards
- ADA Pyramid Game
- Communities by Design Meeting
- SFRT North: Protecting the 1st Side of the Building
- Community Honors Committee Meeting
- AIA|TEXO Economic Update
This session will cover the current landscape of school safety and security in Texas with an overview of recent action from the 88th legislature including HB 3 and SB 838. Additionally, the Texas Education Agency has issued new School Safety Requirements with a number of facility design related stipulations that apply to all existing and new school instructional facilities.
- Discuss the relevant school safety and security legislative action that impacts design decisions of architects and operational considerations for school districts.
- Evaluate sections of HB 3 that are pertinent for school architects.
- Understand the new TEA School Safety Requirements and relevance to the health, safety, and welfare of school building occupants.
- Develop a familiarity of the new definitions and safety and security standards compliance requirements for school instructional facilities.
Becky Walker, Director of Government Affairs, Texas Society of Architects
Kerri Brady, AIA, Vice President of Educational Practice, Huckabee
The new TEA School Safety Standards can be found at the link below.