Specifications: Elevators 101
11:45 AM - 1:00 PM
325 N. Saint Paul St.
Dallas, TX 75201
Brought to you by: Education
Talk About It
- Architecture on Tap I Affordable Housing in the Time of COVID
- 2020 ARE Lecture Series: Acoustics and Security Systems
- AIA Dallas Built Design Awards Final Call for Submissions
- The Future of Public Spaces- How Do Cities Gather in Crisis?
- PRACTICE MANAGEMENT: Creating a Winning Proposal
Elevators come in a variety of sizes, types, and applications. Understanding when to specify a particular type/size is important to ensuring the devices meet the needs of the users. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between holed, holeless, and roped hydraulic elevators, and when each should be considered.
- Understand the difference between traction machine room elevators and machine roomless electric elevators, and the capabilities of each.
- Describe what a LULA elevator is and when should it be considered.
- Relate the cost differences between the various options.
- Know when it might be time to enlist the help of a vertical transportation consultant.
PRESENTER: Doug Hartman, FAIA, FCSI
How Do I Get to the AD EX?
For your convenience, please use our parking & commuting guide when planning your visit to AIA Dallas. If you have any questions about alternative parking options, please feel free to call our reception desk at 214.742.3242