Specifications - Why Do I Need Specs?
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
1909 Woodall Rodgers Fwy
Dallas, TX 75201
Brought to you by: Education
Talk About It
- AD EX Fall LEGO Workshop (Ages 10-13)
- Who's Turning Up the Heat? Designing to Mitigate Heat
- Tour of Homes Committee Meeting
- Community Honors Committee Meeting
- Tour of Homes Volunteer Orientation
- Coffee & Conversation: Kalita Humphreys Theater Master Plan
- 2023 AIA Dallas Tour of Homes - Call for Entries
- Pride X Design: Conversations with AIA LGBTQIA+ Alliances
- The Emotional Impact of Safety: Balancing Technology and Psychology in Design Innovation
- The New Age of Security: Technology in a Post-Pandemic World
THIS SESSION IS FULL. PLEASE SEE THE 12:30PM SESSION FOR REGISTRATION.
Specifications Series Lead Presenter: Douglas C. Hartman FAIA FCSI CCS CCCA SCIP LEED AP Legacy
Doug Hartman has spent most of his 43 year career in the DFW area as an architect, specifier, construction administrator, and sustainability advocate. The company he founded, Inspec, has served as an independent consultant to area architects for the last 31 years. He is a fellow in both the AIA and CSI, earning both distinctions for his efforts in continuing education of fellow architects.
This series of interactive discussions focuses on both products and processes as they relate to understanding building materials, preparing specifications, and being an effective construction administrator.
This session: Why do I Need Specifications?
Co-Presenter: Brad Alexander, Specifications Manager, Allegion
Specifications are an integral part of construction documents and an important legal document. This class will examine the need for, content, and how specifications compliment and coordinate with the drawings. Participants will:
- Understand basic organization, content, and intent of specifications
- Learn how to coordinate specifications with the drawings
- Learn the difference between performance, prescriptive, and proprietary specifications
This class will be available at either 10:30am or 12:30pm. Each class will be available to a maximum of 60 people only.
Lunch will be served at noon.
Parking instructions are shown below