Who Is In Charge?
When Federal, State and Local AHJs Have Conflicting Accessibility Standards
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
325 N. Saint Paul St.
Dallas, TX 75201
Talk About It
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes James Leng of OFFICE JAMES LENG
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes Zeina Koreitem of MILLIØNS Architects
- You've Got Five Minutes, Lady!: Express Yourself
- Critique: Chasing the Sky: 20 Stories of Women in Architecture
- Critique: Poverty and Profit in the American City
When designing buildings in Texas, The American Disabilities Act/Texas Accessibility Standard and the building codes based on the International Building Code must be consulted. It becomes unclear for design professionals how to determine who is responsible for each part of the project, particularly as it pertains to accessibility guidelines. What do you do? Come hear from a panel of experts about residential and commercial projects, which authority has jurisdiction, and which standard presides over the project.
Lunch will be provided.
Moderator Marcela Abadi Rhoads, FAIA
Bruce Rachel, AIA
Carroll Pruitt, FAIA