Dallas, TX 75206
Job Post Date: February 28, 2018
The Project Architect is the individual responsible for developing, managing, and recording the technical aspects of the project. He/she works closely with the Project Manager.
In addition to the general work responsibilities regarding 1) Job Knowledge, 2) Teamwork and Communication, 3) Individual Productivity and Quality of Work, 4) Reliability and Commitment and 5) Judgement and Decision Making as detailed in the Employee Performance Evaluation, the Project Architect’s responsibilities include the following:
1) Verifies Scope of Work with Project Manager
2) Understands the project(s) scope, and plans and develops concepts and approaches appropriate to the construction budget and the disciplines in carrying out the project work.
3) Coordinates project design and schedule with all consultants
4) Follows the Project Plan/Informs the Project Manager of obstacles
5) Monitors hours of team/Informs Project Manager of problems
6) Responsible for maintaining team progress and meeting project deliverables deadlines.
6) Assures overall quality, completeness, and accuracy of Construction Documents
7) Attends meetings with Owner as required by Project Manager/prepare meeting minutes
8) Performs code analysis
9) Identifies “out of scope work”/inform Project Manager
10) Assembles and coordinates Specifications and Front-end Documents
11) Coordinates agency reviews/plan check/Fire Marshall/Commissions/etc.
Licensed architect or currently pursuing licensure
10 to 15 years professional experience in a broad range of building and construction types
Minimum of 5 years in a project supervisory role
Hospitality project experience preferred
High level competency in the use of design and production software (i.e. REVIT, AutoCad, Photoshop, etc.) and functional literacy in use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Ability to work in a collaborative environment with individuals throughout the organization and a strong team-oriented approach
Excellent organization and time management skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Able to travel.
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law