Boston, MA 02109
Job Post Date: January 30, 2018
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
CDM Smith is seeking a highly motivated Architect to work on public, industrial and other facilities type projects. As a member of this team you will work with the project manager and help lead architectural design tasks, create construction documents and have interaction with the client when appropriate.
You will also work with in-house engineers of various disciplines and other technical staff performing the following duties:
- Plan and formulate building design with general supervisory responsibility in the preparation of design presentation and construction contract documents.
- Primary responsibility for building design formulation and development of construction contract documents with architectural and engineering staff.
- Develop design criteria to meet client needs and monitor projects through close out.
- Establish and document applicable planning, zoning, and building codes and regulations.
- Recommend construction materials, technologies and methodologies necessary for design detailing and specification preparation.
- Develop design solutions.
- Develop project budgets and schedules, both internal and external.
Professional degree in Architecture from a program accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB), minimum Bachelor of Architecture (5 year degree) or Master of Architecture.
- Intern Development Program (IDP) training successfully completed, as specified by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).
- Eligible to sit for the Architectural Registration Exam as administered by NCARB, Registered Architect preferred.
- 6 years related experience under the direct supervision of a registered Architect.
- Competency with a wide variety of construction materials, technologies and methodologies.
- Fluency with Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), AutoCAD, REVIT and facility with modeling and rendering software programs.
- Must have experience with Photoshop, SketchUp or other visualization tools.
- Fluency with basic business office software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Appropriate writing and interpersonal skills.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the link below: