Denton, TX 76204
Job Post Date: July 9, 2018
Perform responsible work in production of working drawings for building construction and remodeling projects using AutoCAD by plotting the correct square footage, building size, locations, surveys and leasing information. Work with inside and outside construction professionals to ensure the accuracy and quality of our drawings including architects, engineers, construction managers, etc. Organize and maintain CAD files and document drawings file room. Work is performed under general supervision and performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance evaluation system and in accordance with the University Policies & Procedures. Texas Woman’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disabled, Veterans and Other Protected Groups.
• Demonstrates accountability for preparing and maintaining plans using AutoCAD by plotting the correct square footage, building size, locations, surveys and leasing information.
• Demonstrates an interest in solving problems and challenges that arise, and finding multiple paths in solving computing challenges.
• Demonstrates a history of problem solving using Windows, CAD, BIM corporate networking, printing/plotting, PDFs, various peripheral devices, and MS Office.
• Responsible for program functionality, complying with CAD company standards, monitoring and identifying non-conformance (drawings).
• Prepares preliminary sketches and details for building construction and renovation projects, edit and work with field construction team to provide accurate construction drawings
• Prepares scale drawings of modifications and/or additions to plans using CAD.
• Accurately alters construction drawings showing specifications, dimensions and building standards graphically.
• Maintains organized files of work performed on current and past jobs including sketches, drawings, proposals, etc
• Organize, update, and maintain Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) linking system CAD drawings to the University facilities management software.
• Maintain and update CAD files for all campuses including master site plans, with utilities, and all floor plans including room areas and usages.
• Coordinate room inventory with Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) records.
• Assist in reviewing and monitoring construction and remodeling projects.
• Prepare construction related documents used in small-scale University projects.
• Works with inside and outside construction professionals to ensure the accuracy and quality of our drawings including architects, engineers, construction managers, etc.
• Assists with the preparation of preliminary drawings, sketches, designs, details, specifications and feasibility studies.
• Develops in concert with FMC and University standards, architectural drafting and design work using computer (CAD) format.
• Assists with the programming and design phases of construction projects.
• Takes accurate measurements to make field sketches to plot plans and section of existing buildings.
• Reviews outside professionals’ construction documents for conformance to project requirements.
• May perform clerical functions, such as filing various correspondences and maintaining a variety of records for references.
• Organizes, maintains, and manages record and CAD files.
• Assists and educates coworkers in use of latest CAD software.
• Performs other duties as requested.
Two-year degree from technical school or equivalent with proficiency in computer aided drafting systems. Three (3) years of full commercial architectural production experience using CAD format, preferably AutoCAD (V6 or later).
• Possess in-depth knowledge regarding the proper use of Xrefs, Blocks, Layers and have ability to package drawing sets, convert drawing formats (import and export), support all CADD related document productions/printing and support all Web based CADD related file transactions.
• Stays up-to-date on building and accessibility codes and their application to the University.
• Strong current AutoCAD version knowledge.
• Proficiency in the use of computer assisted drawing systems. Excellent CAD document management skills.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of architecture or engineering related to assigned work.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive projects.
• Knowledge of the methods and materials of building construction, repair, alteration, and maintenance as related to assigned work.
• Ability to maintain and established work schedule.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow workers, subordinates, and University officials.
• Ability to independently handle details, and to organize and coordinate work effectively. Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings and specifications.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment.
• Ability to use and maintain large-format printer/scanner providing electronic archives of record documents for our records and distributing as required.