Sophia Elias1506 Griffin St W
DALLAS, TX 75215
Job Post Date: January 26, 2018
Education Practice Leader
t. howard & associates architects, inc. (th+a) has served DFW with beautiful buildings that also dot the national landscape. As our firm continues to grow, so does our need for skilled and passionate industry leaders who thrive on collaboration and believe deeply in design’s ability to elevate the human experience.
We have an immediate opening for an Education Practice Leader with a minimum of (10) years of K-12 experience.
In this senior level position reporting directly to the President of the firm, this person will manage the direction and strategic growth of the education practice. This thought leader for th+a will be responsible for implementing the firm’s vision within the organization by helping establish protocol and procedures for the education studio as well as making sure our core tenants manifest themselves in our designs.
Externally, this individual will implement th+a’s vision by providing leadership in the community, the profession, and the firm.
th+a is a company that recognizes opportunities to improve the lives of others through our design of the built environment, our social justice initiatives, and our search for opportunities to enhance the wellbeing of our society. The firm is an 18-year-young multidisciplinary firm focusing on working collaboratively to yield the best solutions for our clients. The firm believes strongly in a work/life balance. Success in this role will depend on the individual’s ability to represent these values and apply them both internally and externally of the firm. In addition, we expect that the candidate is capable of creating outstanding design solutions, providing great client service as well as actively mentoring junior staff.
Our salary ranges are competitive and we offer an excellent benefits package! Regular programming includes THAX knowledge exchange classes, weekly lunch and learns, and monthly employee appreciation events. Other benefits include base plus bonuses for projects with new and existing clients, flexible schedules, half day Friday’s, employee development programs including paid training, licensure reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching employer contributions and more.
● Management of the education practice and studio team members
● Collaboration with practice leaders of studios within the firm to advance firm growth
● Maintaining relationships with current clients
● Oversee the production efforts of the studio in producing high quality design and
documentation of educational projects
● Advance the firm’s reputation of delivering excellence in the educational sector
● Oversee the professional development of staff
● Participate in presentations, client meetings, and attend other public hearings/meetings
● A bachelor’s degree in architecture; MArch preferred
● Licensed to practice in the state of Texas
● Minimum 10 years of experience with focus in education (K-12; university work a plus)
● Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
● Knowledge of rendering software a plus
● Experience directing, mentoring, and coordinating work efforts of junior staff
● Demonstrated experience in managing all phases and aspects of a project
● Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and self-starting
● Occasional travel required
● Participation at industry conferences