Charles Gromatzky3090 Olive Street, Suite 500
Dallas, TX 75219
Job Post Date: December 7, 2017
GDA Architects is seeking an experienced Project Architect. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a fast-paced collaborative team on a variety of high-rise multi-family , hospitality, office, commercial and mixed-use projects. Candidates must exhibit a strong work ethic, possess extensive knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD, among other technology platforms, maintain focus and display a thorough attention to detail. Candidates must have a can-do attitude and be eager and willing to solve problems individually or as apart of a team effort.
- Provide team leadership in multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including execution of design intent and full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, etc.
- Lead preparation of Design Development & Construction Documents.
- Resolve complex technical/design issues.
- Review work prepared by team for accuracy and quality.
- Assist Project Manager in creation and management of project schedule.
- Current Architectural registration is required.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience as Project Architect is required.
- Experience in large multi-family and commercial projects.
- Minimum of 3 years Revit and 5 years of AutoCAD experience in a professional setting is required.
- Detailed understanding of Revit processes including setting up and maintaining projects, files, families and work sets.
- Willingness to work only in AutoCAD when necessary.
- General understanding of and the ability to quickly understand and work within the framework of drafting standards.
- Architectural registration and LEED credentials are preferred.
- Knowledge of building materials and construction methodologies is preferred.
- Desire to pursue growth opportunities and obtain registration.
- Understanding of building codes, standards, and building structures.
- LEED accreditation is preferred.
- Ability to preserve design intent throughout a project.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and design samples that best illustrate your design ability to firstname.lastname@example.org