David Lopez2918 Bagby Street
Houston, TX 77006
Phone (832) 649-7530
Job Post Date: August 7, 2018
About luis vidal + architects:
luis vidal + architects is an international architecture firm which provides high quality, innovative design solutions to challenging projects. The practice has offices across Spain, Great Britain, Dominican Republic, Chile and the United States, and are the architects of the award-winning Heathrow Terminal 2 in London.
The studio is internationally recognized for its expertise in airport and hospital design, among many other building types. It has become one of the leading and most innovative practices committed to the search for functional and flexible design offering responsible and quality designs as an answer to the urban and social challenges of today.
luis vidal + architects’ philosophy focuses on improving the quality of life through design, focusing on the user as the starting point and main priority in all their projects. Regardless of the scale, all the projects in the practice’s portfolio are born with the same DNA: its social, economic and environmental commitment.
luis vidal + architects is seeking an Architect to work in a major Aviation Architecture Project in the Dallas – Fort Worth area. We are looking for an individual who shares our vision & philosophy for high quality design solutions for challenging projects.
Duties include progress reports to Project Manager and Principals, interaction with Clients/Subconsultants and acting as a representative of the company.
The ideal candidate will have the following abilities and skills:
• Able to manage and produce documents in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate technical detailing and problem-solving skills on projects involving large, complex buildings
• Proficiency with Revit, Autocad, 3D modeling (Sketchup, Rhino) as well as the Adobe platform (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Rendering skills (Vray, Maxwell, etc.) are preferred.
• 5-year Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree is required. U.S. higher education preferred
• Minimum 3 years of U.S. experience at an architectural practice are required. Architectural licensure preferred, but not mandatory.
• Only candidates that are legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship will be considered
• Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable aviation architecture experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Dallas Architect Position in the subject of the email.