Dallas, TX 75206
Job Post Date: February 28, 2018
Project Manager - Architecture 2017-3519
The Architectural Project Manager is the individual responsible for the work getting done. He/she is responsible for seeing that each of the technical disciplines has a thorough understanding of the assignments, work well together and have the proper support resources to complete the project in a timely fashion.
The Project Manager is the person in our firm who is responsible for balancing design, schedule, and budget to meet client expectations. He/she manages the project team, handles all project communications, represents the team (and the firm) to the client and represents the client to the team.
In addition to the general work responsibilities regarding 1)Job Knowledge, 2)Teamwork and Communication, 3)Individual Productivity and Quality of Work, 4)Reliability and Commitment and 5)Judgement and Decision Making as detailed in the Employee Performance Evaluation, the Project Manager’s responsibilities include the following:
• Provides leadership to the project team on assigned projects by communicating relevant information.
• Monitors progress against plan.
• Establishes the project scope and budget in its entirety with the client and communicates this scope between the client and the project team.
• Identifies changes in the project scope and requests additional services in a timely manner.
• Establishes and maintains strong client relationships as evidenced by repeat work generated and positive referrals.
• Monitors quality and profitability on all assigned projects.
• Engages in marketing activities such as preparing proposals, preparing and making presentations, and becoming involved in appropriate community or industry activities.
• Performs client management with the Project Officer/Team Leader
• Establishes scope of work, plans and develops concepts and approaches appropriate to the construction budget and the disciplines in carrying out the project work.
• Prepares fee estimates and worksheets.
• Develops/prepares project schedule
• Establishes appropriate level of effort based on project scope and fee.
• Assists Project Officer/Team Leader in fee negotiation.
• Prepares and manages Owner/Architect agreement (with approval of Principal)
• Prepares information for accounting.
• Selects consultants with Project Officer and Team Leader; Prepares and manages Architect/Consultant agreements
• Monitors performance of project team members to ensure project coordination is occurring.
• Manages design process
• Institutes quality assurance and quality control procedures for projects.
• Supervises preparation of project specifications.
• Reviews billing and assist in collection of fees
• Supports the office and co-workers through active mentoring, continuing education and training of team members within the discipline.
• 8-10 years experience
• Technical requirements include high level competency in use of design and production software (i.e., AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and knowledge of MS Office (i.e, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is also required.
• Revit experience is a plus.
• Must have the ability to work collaboratively with individuals throughout the organization and requires a strong team-oriented approach, as well as excellent organization and time management skills.
• The position requires a degree in Architecture. International experience a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Must be able to travel.
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law