The Education Outreach Committee (EOC) is part of the Dallas Chapter of the American Institute of Architects. One of our main goals is to engage with North Texas K-12 students, parents and teachers. We want to be an invaluable resource to students who are interested in pursuing a career in Architecture.
Architecture + Design College Fair
October 12, 2019: more informationand a list of participating universities is available here
Formerly 2B An Architect (2BAA) - Blog post by Diego Barrera
Here is a list of scholarship programs for students pursuing architecture and/or design:
American Institute of Architects Student
The American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) is an independent, nonprofit, student-run organization dedicated to advancing leadership, design, and service among architecture students. More information about AIAS is available here.
ACE Mentoring of Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) introduces area high school juniors and seniors to the many rewarding career opportunities offered by the Architectural, Construction and Engineering professions. Through programs that integrate hands-on activities, tours, field trips and weekly interaction with mentors from area industry firms. Our students are exposed to a wide variety of skills and specialties found in the building industry. Since the inaugural year of ACE-DFW in 2004 we have grown in size from serving 21 students at one school to more than 200 students with three locations and students from more than 20 DFW area schools. Learn more here
Here is a list of DFW area High Schools that have architecture programs you can enroll in now:
- ALLEN ISD - Allen HS; STEAM Center
- ARLINGTON ISD - Bowie HS
- BIRDVILLE ISD - Haltom HS; Birdville HS; Richland HS
- CLEBURNE ISD - Cleburne HS
- CARROLTON-FARMERS BRANCH ISD - Newman-Smith HS
- DALLAS ISD - Skyline HS; CityLAB; L.G. Pinkston HS; Molina HS; W.W. Samuel
- DENTON ISD - Ryan HS; Lagrone Adv. Tech. Complex
- DUNCANVILLE ISD - Duncanville HS
- EAGLE MT./SAGINAW - Chisolm Trail HS; Hollenstein C&T Center
- FORT WORTH ISD - Trimble Tech HS; O.D.Wyatt HS
- FRISCO ISD - Frisco ISD CTE Center
- GARLAND ISD - Garland HS; South Garland HS; Naaman Forest HS; Rowlett HS; Sachse HS; North Garland HS; Lakeview Centennial; CTE Center
- GRAND PRAIRIE ISD - Dubiski Career HS; Dubiski Career HS
- HEB (Hurst-Euless-Bedford) ISD - Buinger Career and Tech Academy
- HIGHLAND PARK ISD - Highland Park High School
- IRVING ISD - MacArthur HS
- KELLER ISD - Keller Center for Adv. Learning
- LAKE WORTH ISD - Lake Worth High School
- LEWISVILLE ISD - Career Center East; Lewisville HS
- MANSFIELD ISD - Ben Barber C&T Academy
- MESQUITE ISD - West Mesquite HS; Horn HS
- PLANO ISD - Plano West Senior High
- RICHARDSON ISD - Richardson HS; Lake Highlands HS
- ROCKWALL ISD - Heath HS
- WAXAHACHIE ISD - Waxahachie HS
Other Information and Opportunities
The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) is a nonprofit organization made up of the architectural licensing boards of 55 states and territories. While each jurisdiction is responsible for regulating the practice of architecture within its borders, NCARB develops and administers national programs for licensure candidates and architects to ensure they have the mobility to go wherever their career takes them. You can find out more about the steps to becoming an architect here.
Becoming an Architect
Information about the process and other resources can be found here.
Study Architecture is a one-stop resource for undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in the Architecture profession. Sponsored by the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture, Study Architecture brings together colleges and universities, students and working architecture professionals to create a forum for sharing information and ideas. More information is available here.
Life of An Architect Blog
Check out this page titled "Do You Want to Be An Architect?"
Hearts and Hammers
The mission of Hearts and Hammers is to refurbish qualified homes owned by low income citizens within the Dallas Metroplex. Hearts and Hammers will accomplish its mission by recruiting volunteers to work on a specific project day. You can volunteer here.
Habitat for Humanity
Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity Young Professionals is a group of young professionals that work to support the mission of Habitat for Humanity with a fresh approach to developing strong social networks. Coming from a variety of professions, backgrounds and interests, HYP Dallas members are the next generation of leaders who work to advocate for affordable housing, volunteer to build homes, and raise funds to support Habitat for Humanity. More information is available here.